What can we understand for Artificial Intelligence?
According to experts, artificial intelligence will mark the formation of employment in Spain, with a projection of more than 3 million jobs in the next decade. Perhaps expanding your knowledge with a little more artificial intelligence seems the right bet. But what is Artificial Intelligence? Keep reading to discover it!
Artificial intelligence (AI)
Also called communicational intelligence, artificial intelligence is the intelligence exhibited by machines. It is a series of technologies that emulate the characteristics or capabilities of human intelligence, such as learning and solving problems, based on two fundamental characteristics of human cognitive ability: reasoning and behaviour.
This artificial intelligence is developed from mathematical learning algorithms and large databases. Thanks to them, the machine is able to learn and develop behaviours.
According to Nils John Nisson, one of the founders of artificial intelligence, the cognitive skills of the technologies are held in 4 basic pillars. They are the following.
- Searches of the required state of the set of states produced by possible actions.
- Genetic algorithms, inspired by biological evolution, as adaptive methods used to solve search and optimization problems.
- Artificial neural networks, analogous to the physical functioning of the brain, a computational model based on artificial neurons interconnected inhibits or increases the activity of each neuron allowing a complex computation, learning and forming in themselves.
- Reasoning, a formal logic imitating human abstract thinking.
The skills of these technologies to perform operations comparable to those performed by the human mind make them the key to the business and scientific future. Therefore, a master in artificial intelligence is the perfect resource to understand these processes and anticipate the needs of the market.
Artificial intelligence categories
Heuristic search. The heuristic search methods have information about the proximity of each state to an objective state, which allows exploring the most promising paths in the first place. The heuristic allows us the approximate search for solutions to problems whose exhaustive search would require too much time.
Representation of knowledge. It is one of the biggest challenges of artificial intelligence. It consists of combining the results and processes obtained by intelligent computer systems in a similar way to what a person would do, exhibiting intelligent behaviour.
Languages, environments and tools of artificial intelligence. The structuring of artificial intelligence processes for their different fields of application requires specific languages that allow modularity and ease of list management, the usual structure for the representation of knowledge in artificial intelligence.
These categories are integrated into the master’s degree in artificial intelligence, allowing you to apply artificial intelligence to any of your professional needs.
IA, Machine Learning and Deep Learning
Within the intelligent properties of Artificial Intelligence, we can find two models of development. They differ in the learning model that is used. They are the following:
- Machine Learning: Method of learning where the machine learns by itself through examples of data. It extracts a model of its own to give answers to similar future stimuli. This is the system used in the spam filtering or face recognition system.
- Deep Learning: In this system, it is the algorithm itself that must draw patterns or anomalies to create a model.
Applications of Artificial Intelligence
The techniques developed in the field of artificial intelligence are numerous. Also its applications, only that often go unnoticed.
We can find Artificial Intelligence processes in robotics, data mining, simulations, video games and virtual worlds. Although also in less typical areas such as medicine, industry or finance.
A great power carries a great responsibility, and the capabilities of artificial intelligence require an ethical conscience of its uses and applications as well as legal, economic and social aspects. A master’s degree in artificial intelligence will not only allow you to benefit from the advantages but also specialize your training for the challenges of this new technology. Are you convinced that you want to study this master in Artificial Intelligence and Deep Learning? Contact us!